Are you worried about a sudden recurring pain in your body?
Tapentadol tablets are used to relieve acute pain that ranges from mild to severe (pain that occurs suddenly has a specific cause and is expected to go away when the cause of the pain is healed). Tapentadol extended-release tablets treat people with diabetes with severe neuropathic pain (pain caused by nerve damage). Tapentadol extended-release tablets are only prescribed for those likely to require medicine 24 hours a day to manage uncontrollable pain with other pain relievers. Tapentadol is from the opiate (narcotic) analgesics class of drugs and works by altering the brain’s and nervous system’s responses to pain.
So, how can Tapentadol medicine help nullify such sudden pain? To make the best of the drug, you must know the following things:
How to take a Tapentadol 100 mg tablet?
The Tapentadol 100mg tablets usually are taken every 4 to 6 hours, with or without food, as needed. If you’re taking Tapentadol tablet online, your doctor might recommend that if you need to relieve your pain, you can take a second dose as soon as 1 hour after the first dose on your first day of therapy. During your treatment, do not take any additional dosages. Tapentadol medicine dosage should not be stopped until the doctor advises to, or it will lead to different withdrawal syndromes like headaches, nausea, body pain, etc.
How does a Tapentadol 100 mg tablet work?
Tapentadol 100 mg tablet lowers pain by blocking the way neurons convey pain between the brain and the body by acting directly on opioid receptors in the central nervous system.
Before you start using Tapentadol, make sure your doctor is aware of your medical history like –
- Having an issue with the way your liver or kidneys work.
- Having a problem with your prostate or having trouble passing pee.
- During pregnancy or lactational period.
- Having asthma or COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Having low blood pressure.
- Having issues with your thyroid or adrenal gland.
- Having epilepsy.
- Having issues like piles, constipation, etc.
- Having muscle weakness problem, i.e., myasthenia gravis.
- Having an addiction to narcotic drugs.
- Having herbal or complementary medicines.
- Having side effects of other medications.
- Having a severe head injury.
Tips to take Tapentadol 100 mg tablets –
- Because there are various strengths of tablets, it’s a good idea to check the label each time you get a new supply to make sure it’s the one you want. If you’re unsure, seek advice from your pharmacist.
- With a glass of water, swallow the tablet. Tapentadol 100mg tablet can be taken before or after meals. The tablets should be swallowed whole, not crushed or chewed.
- If you miss taking a dose, remember to do so as quickly as possible. If you recollect when it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose when it’s due. To make up for a missed dose, do not combine two doses.